Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Course
To engage youth across the country and develop their skill and orientation for sanitation related work and village level development.
Duration :100 Hours
(between 1st May to 31st July 2018)
Following the Prime Minister's clarion call on 2nd October 2014 for each individual to devote at least 100 hours to Swachhata through the year, the Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched the 'Swachh Bharat Summer Internship – 100 Hours of Swachhata'.
The program aims to:
- Develop the skill and orientation of youth for sanitation related work
- Bring youth across the country an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the swachhata revolution.
- Integrate youth in the community service in rural areas in the run up to the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
Key Activity of the Internship
- At least 100 hour of Swachata related activities in rural areas
- 100 hours (between 1st May to 31st July 2018)
- Students enrolled in Colleges/ Universities (referred to as "parent institution") may apply through the enrolment form.
Candidates are eligible to choose between the State of Residence and State of Parent Institution as the location of internship (village/district)
Candidates may participate individually or in teams.
- The location and team size (maximum limit of 10 members) may be decided in consultation with Nodal Officers.
- Reward and Recognition section to be redesigned.
- All participants will be given a Swachh Bharat Internship Certificate on completion of their internship and its approval by the parent institution.
- 2 curriculum credits will be given to interns whose internship reports are found eligible to get credits by parent institution.
- The Best 3 interns/ teams will be recognized at college, university, state and national levels. Their awards are as follows:
- College Level: Shields / cups and special certificates
- Cash Awards
- Cash Awards in addition to certificates
- University Level: Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000, Rs 10,000 along with appropriate certificates
- State Level: Rs 50,000, Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000 along with appropriate certificates
- National Level: Rs 2 lakh, 1 lakh, Rs 50,000 along with appropriate certificates